Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Adore the Anemone

Although my favorite flower is the peony, during my recent search for the perfect bridal bouquet, I've fallen for the anemone.  This flower is perfect for a winter wedding and there is something simply unique and glamorous about this flower.   The only concern is that the petals are white.  We are not incorporating the color white in our wedding.  I am not even wearing a white dress.  My concern is that the soft and delicate white petals may clash with our peacock feathers and our color scheme (silver, turquoise, purple and hints of blush).  

While skimming the pages of Style Me Pretty, I came upon a blog with inspiring photos of various floral arrangements including the beautiful and delicate anemone.  I will need to get some feedback fro my personal florist, my mother, and see if she can come up with a vision where peacock feathers and anemone can co-exist tastefully.  I think she may have her work cut out for her.  In any event, I do adore the anemone and would like to find a way to incorporate it into our big day.  There is of course the engagement party or couple's shower.  Perhaps we can use the anemone in our centerpieces for those events.  Planning birthday parties and bridal showers and someone else's wedding is not nearly as stressful as planning my own.  Who would have thought, the planner in me, would be at a lost when it came to planning my own wedding.  The fabulous thing about this blog is that I can get all my frustrations out and type away all my silly ideas without any repercussions.  Blogging about my day is so much fun!  Did you have issues when selecting your floral design?  What inspiring floral images helped you make the final decision?  

Signing off as I admire the anemone some more,
Ms. SGS






No comments:

Post a Comment