Monday, January 31, 2011

Sacramento Grand Ballroom

This past weekend Mr. SGS and I attended our first "official" bridal show.  It was a lot more fun than I expected.  We're totally having a photo booth at the reception.  We're considering an Action flipbook vendor.  I enjoyed making our own flipbook.  It was comical, to say the least. 

We had a chance to check out some reception venues.  I am in love with two venues.  The first being the Sacramento Grand Ballroom.  This venue is gorgeous.  The architecture is what I'll define as vintage.  It's timeless and very classy.  Perfect for a simple, yet glamorous affair. 

Another great thing about the venue is that they offer wedding planning and catering services.  It's something about one-stop shopping that I have a weakness for.  It could be that my schedule does not allow for me to devote 100% to planning this wedding.  I would love to do it all.  However, although I do think I'm Super Woman, it's clear that I'm simply human.  I cannot plan the event of the century, while also completing my last semester of law school and studying for the bar exam.  It just isn't gong to happen. 

I have been sneaking Google Image searches in between assignments at work.  I have lots of images and pictures for inspiration, but still do not have our colors quite down.  We know we want peacocks.  We know we want silver, purple and blush incorporated in our theme.  How we plan to put these all together?  When you know the answer, please hit me up.  :-D

Okay, back to the simply glamorous, yet classic venue, Sacramento Grand Ballroom.  Isn't this venue gorgeous?  The photos I've been able to find on Google Images are amazing.  The room is gorgeous empty.  My imagination went wild while day dreaming of Mr. SGS and I being introduced as husband and wife on January 15, 2012 at this beautiful and classic location.   This venue seems perfect for our simply intimate wedding reception for 100.  (Yes, that's right.  Our guest list is went from 50 to 100 people over night.  We were very surprised to learn we have so many close family and friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment